Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Bubblews Non-Payment

A post from Bubblews CEO, Arvind "Avit" Dixit, goes something like this:

"We have a very special community here at Bubblews. These are people that are not only passionate about what they write, but also about the Bubblews mission itself.


You’ve all been through a lot with us since the launch of the website, and we sincerely salute you for continuing to be a part of our platform. You all are here because you clearly enjoy what we have created and also believe in our ability to execute on our bold vision. For this, we greatly thank you and you will see our gift to you all soon."

You'll notice that he does not address the issue of hundreds, possibly thousands of 'Bubblewers' who are not being paid. 

Many ad content writers for the site are not getting paid after receiving this email message from Arvind J. Dixit:

"Greetings, Your payment will be sent by xxxday. Thank you for your patience and cooperation!"

Payments are not being made and further attempts at getting a resolution are ignored. Those people who have complained adamantly, their accounts have been deleted. 


A petition is being circulated - http://petitions.moveon.org/sign/bubblews-non-payment - and here are some of the complaints:


  • I've completely quit bubblews after my first redemption from mid-September was never paid. I've never gotten any explanation or reply to the question of what happened to it. ~ T. Jackson from Arlington, TX

  • I tried to redeem my first payment for exactly $25.01 (the cashout was $25 at the time) and after waiting a while I ended up having to e-mail them several times. I finally got a reply simply asking “what is your username?” which I thought was odd since I had including all my info in my other e-mails (as it turns out they send that e-mail to pretty much everyone that contacts them) but I sent it again anyway and they never responded. They are ripping tons of people off. ~ K. Morgan from Oceana, WV

  • I cashed out June 30, 2013. He finally sent 1/2 of my payment on Saturday, Oct 26. I've been back and forth in communication with him. He would constantly say he would give me the money next week and the money would never come week after week. He's using our posts to continue to build revenue to his website but not paying us as promised. ~ Andrea from Bushkill, PA

  • I've Redeemed once a few months ago for around $30 and sent in the required PayPal information but no one contacted me or acknowledged my redemption. Very disappointed in bubblews and refuse to write for them due to non-payment. I've written the money off as a bad investment but bubblews needs to get their act together and treat their writer's decently. ~ D. Nichols from Burns, TN

  • It is not just the non payment, if Bubblews want to redefine plagiarism as meaning including a common phrase or colloquialism or borrowing a couple of statistics in an otherwise original article that is their right. What stinks is they do not make their idiosyncratic definition clear in the rules, nor do they explain why payment has been denied (or in most cases even respond) to queries. And yet the posts of many writers who have been denied payment are still online earning revenue for Bubblews.
    ~ E. Butterworth from Accrington, UK
There are lots more complaints from myriad other writers who have not been paid or are owed hundreds of dollars. The only way to take these guys down is to pull your articles from the site, en masse, which will bring the website to its knees. If articles are deleted, Arvind and his co-conspirators will be forced to shut down because your articles will no longer be online for profit.

No comments: