Friday, December 17, 2021

And The Lord Said


So I'm watching the mini-series "Damnation" on Netflix. The town preacher says, "people thought Jesus was peaceful, a peacemaker but he was not... Jesus said, 'Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace... I did not come to bring peace, but a sword.' " The pastor then lifted his gun that he brought with him to the house of the Lord. 

Bible apologist, cherry-pick all you want want, there are not too many ways to delineate this particular scripture, not too many ways to spin it to make the Jesus character appear just and righteous.

I did look it up in your 'holy' bible and Matthew 10:33-35 - New International Version - reads like this:

33 - But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven [basically resorting to blackmail to force one to 'believe' and contribute financially].

34 - Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace [and that is for certain], but a sword.

35 - For I have come to turn...

     "a man against his father, 

      a daughter against her mother,

      a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law---

One cursory glance at the things going on in our world and the aforementioned statements have definitely come to pass. 

Let us turn our bibles to the book of Isaiah, verse 45 chapter 7.

"I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things." 

The 'good Lord' clearly says, "form the light and create darkness" and "I make peace and create evil." 

Why? Why create evil? We can comprehend how darkness follows light, or light follows darkness (somewhat of a chicken and egg concept but which came first is a moot point). But there is no logical comprehension for creating evil, especially if we're all gifted with free will. What would be the need for a deity to "create evil"? 

The author is not asking some pseudo biblical Wiseman or Wise-woman (oops, women were not considered wise during biblical times, and most were not allowed to speak on any matters of significance) to try to explain these macabre scriptures (and there are lots more). There is no explanation for the occult. Believer's are simply worshipping a plagiarized character in a Roman story, no more no less. 

No comments: