Friday, May 12, 2023

Kiss The Wind

To kiss the wind is to relax, meditate, take two steps backward, and just breathe. There is certainly no cause for tomorrow. For what will she bring? None other than the same ol' rather destructive pace. This author almost found that out the hard way. One person trying to work as two or three. 

Fortunately, instead of having a massive coronary or a debilitating cerebrovascular accident, aka stroke, I lived through two months of insomnia. As my inability to sleep worsened, so too did my anxiety. Finally, one weekend, my sleepless days and nights were so excruciating, I made an appointment with the first clinic that had the earliest available opening. 

Of course, the first thing they do is take your blood pressure, which measured a whopping 240/136. "It's time to take a ride, Mr. Shaw, were the next words spoken to me." 15-20 minutes later, I am a patient in Emory Saint Joseph's Hospital Intensive Coronary Care Unit. 

As it turns out, the multiple weeks of insomnia, along with what I'd like to think of as, 'serendipitous living' (we'll touch on this later), saved my life. Saved my innocuous, nonconsequential, precious life. My earthly sojourn is not referred to as precious because of hubris, all our lives have tremendous value. Our significance is validated by the Universe/Source/God. No matter what you think, believe, or whom you choose to worship, we all are valuable commodities in the broader scheme of things. 

Everyone has a contribution to make. The dilemma is that many of us don't want, care, or realize our inherent spiritual attributes, predicated on love. The further you distance yourself from Source/Love, the more problems you have.

What we call ourselves are no more than labels. Labels are placed on us, usually at birth, based on the region we were born into. Haphazardly, we allow these demoralizing captions to dictate our lives from the crib to the grave. Only when most of us are released at physical death, do we realize the error or our thinking, the major miscalculations. Still, it's all about love. No one is punished for his, her, or their missteps. 

No comments: