Monday, May 16, 2022

Not Afraid of Death

 Wikipedia's definition of death:

Death is the irreversible cessation of all biological functions that sustain an organism. Brain death is sometimes used as a legal definition of death. The remains of a former organism normally begin to decompose shortly after death. Death is an inevitable, universal process that eventually occurs in all organisms.

The author has been on this rather pathetic planet for 6 decades. One year before my 20th birthday, my beloved mother passed on. She made this transition from this dimension back home. The majority, if not all of her energy remains at home (spiritual home, our true domicile), or her spirit has reincarnated into another three-dimensional space. The latter may be true because my dear ol' mom was a devout Christian. Like all fundamentalist believers of any judgemental belief system, specifically Christianity and Islam, who pass on with such an archaic mindset, will repeat the 7th grade. The two major religions, in not so subtle ways, practices and teaches seperatism. "I'm saved, you're not." Their 'God' has a "chosen people", a "promise land" (to only those who identify and agree with their pious way of thinking), and several other arrogant bylaws and outlandish guidelines. 

At the age of 19, my 54-year-old mom took her last breath. Her heart was weak and there's no doubt that I may have contributed to her rather early demise. Maybe, maybe not, but it's neither here nor there nonetheless. Because she cashed in her chips so early and unexpectedly, I began to read and research thhe subject of death and dying. I started reading Elizabeth Kubler Ross, Raymond Moody, Delores Cannon, and many others. This type research was done because I desperately wanted to communicate with my mother. I wanted to know where she was and if she was OK. For several months, at night, I would sit in the corner of our dark living room, in a meditative state, hoping to see or hear from her. 

Almost one year went by and nothing. Finally, when I least expected it - and was no longer meditating - she made a clear auditory connection. Driving home late one night, falling asleep behind the wheel, she came through. She clearly shouted my first name, almost as if she was in that truck with me. In hindsight, she actually was present. Her voice was clear, there was no mistaking that it was not mom. I managed to stay awake after her contact but didn't think much of it afterwards. The reason I did't take her verbal connection and run with it, is because, at the time, I was a serious binge drinker (mostly on weekends when I often played Russian roulette with my young life), smoked weed (now referred to as 420-friendly), and popped pills simultaneously. Unfortunately, since my top priority was getting high, metaphysics and spirituality took a back seat. 

A few decades later, after reading over 1000 books, coupled with life lessons, I understood that mother left the physical dimension, but her spirit, her energy, her true self, never left me. Mrs. Inez was an overprotective mother in her physical life, and she did not lose that characteristic when she transitioned. At the toughest, most challenging times of my life (including my custody battle for my then 3-year-old daughter and 4-year-old song) she's been by my side. The expression, "the dead are not powerless", I have come to believe the veracity of this maxim. 

No comments: