Sunday, December 24, 2017

Why I Despise Christmas

As a kid, my parents promoted the story of "Baby Jesus" being born in a manger on December 25th. Not having a clue of how deceitful the world was at the time, I bought into the fable, hook, line, and sinker.

Since we didn't have a fireplace and chimney, they went with the extra cup, saucer, and plate for Santa's piece of cake or pie. Saint Nick had time to share this dessert with my parents on his nightly global journey, while me and my brother were fast asleep. 

In me and my siblings defense, we were - like most other children - too young to realize we were being fed a line of bullshit. Plain and simple. So the next morning, we would wake up to presents under the tree - lots of presents.

Finally, a few years later, one of my wiser playmates - or one whose parent(s) told the truth - dropped the bomb on me that there was no Santa Claus. After confronting my parents, I may have been 8 or 9 years of age, they fessed up. However, we still celebrated this pagan holiday (and Paganism is not the theme of this article), still went to church to praise and glorify the birth of our "Lord and Savior."

Fast forward 3 decades later, after a 6-year failed marriage, I find myself a single parent of a 3-year-old daughter and a 4-year-old son. The first few years as a single parent, finances were good, so when Christmas rolled around, it was not that big of a deal to buy presents (and I never lied to my kids about a fat white man delivering presents). Also, the first couple years after my divorce, the mother of my children still resided in Georgia and was only 30 minutes away. Therefore, as the court orders, holidays were split and if things were tight financially, between the two parents, our kids could have a decent Christmas.

Well, the mother moved to another state and lost contact for a few years. That was OK, and this article is not about assigning blame; it's about why I despise Christmas.

Times got hard financially and there would be years that I could not afford presents. Particularly after leaving my job of 24 years. I began hating the Christmas season. My kids appeared to handle it much better than me. We would be watching cartoons together, or something else, and there would be a flood of commercials, advertising happy, smiling kids getting tons of gifts. As a single parent who could not afford it, this season emitted deep depression, guilt, and sadness because I could not make my children as elated as the 'actors' were in the commercials. There would be times when I would slip away and cry.

Now that they are young adults, we do not celebrate Christmas. I realize that even during the times when I could afford presents, there were millions of parents that felt the exact same way I would feel when this dreaded holiday rolled around.

By the way, for you "Believers," if you're going to celebrate the 'birth of baby Jesus', you may as well honor the birth of Horus, Dionysus, Mithras and myriad other solar mythical messiahs, starting as far back as 3000 BCE (before the common era) because these allegorical figures featured the exact story of the Jesus narrative.

Inscribed on the Temple of Luxor in Egypt, is the 'Annunciation of Horus', same 'Miracle Birth Story', only the names were changed.

Early Christians in the process of usurping the ecclesiastical identity of ancient Egyptians (and destroying hundreds of thousands of documents and books when the Libray of Alexandria was burned to the ground) covered the Temple with clay to hide the fact that their story was lifted from Egyptian mythos; not realizing that thousands of years later, the clay only served to preserve the story. This is why over 80% of the Christian holy book is plagarized, because the stories are not original, did not fall from the Heavens, and were not 'inspired' by the unseen, spurious Christian deity referred to as 'God'.


There are millions of families across the United States who cannot afford Santa. There are millions of starving children across the globe who have never heard of Santa, all they want is something to eat.

So go ahead, continue to spread the most vicious fabrication in human history. Maybe at some point of your evolution you will realize that religion was created to divide and conquer. Maybe at some point, you will realize that Jesus is a LIE. Maybe at some point you will realize that we are our brothers keeper. Thus, if you know the truth and fail to speak out, your silence is betrayal. The karma you are creating for yourself, more than likely in another life, will make this lesson much more lucid and concise.

No comments: