Monday, March 15, 2021

Why I Chose Not To Remarry


In a text conversation with a close female friend (from childhood), I mentioned, "I've sworn off women and dating sites in order to stay focused." Her response, "I hate that, but I understand."

I'm sitting in front of 4 computer screens and watching CNBC as I write this article. I'm reading, researching, studying, and growing, as my net worth expands (it's also the start of 'March Madness' single-elimination NCAA basketball tournament).

I asked Kay why she said, "I hate that," but she didn't respond. So I will answer my own question.

My childhood buddy stated, "I hate that," because I've heard a similar response, from at least 75% of women I've spoke with over the two decades that I've been happily divorced.

When most women realize that a man can no longer be controlled by sex... and that he can be 100% HAPPY, THRILLED, ELATED without a woman in his life, apparently, it's a bit of a conundrum for her. I suppose the realization sets in that she can no longer control the male species with her rhetorical poppycock. And before any female feels slighted, most platonic friends that I've spoke with over the years have primarily stated these exact words... "Most of my friends are men because women keep up too much smack..." 

So if this is what women are saying about other women, why is it difficult to understand why some men like myself (because it's not just me) will NEVER remarry? I've taken it a step further, I'll never have another girlfriend... don't want one!

Let me be clear. I am not speaking of a woman's intellect, entrepreneurial, political, spiritual, or financial aptitude. 

Residing in the Atlanta metropolitan area, from a Black perspective, there are far more successful women than there are men. Therefore, I'm not inferring anything other than WHY I CHOSE NOT TO REMARRY. 

I'm 100% heterosexual.

The female socio-sexual domination of men all started with the apocryphal "Adam and Eve" story. Before the women's rights movement (I support equality across the board) there were no laws protecting women so an evil mate could force his woman to capitulate in every aspect of their lives.

But Eve, talked Adam into eating that damn apple and all hell broke loose for generations to come. That's the pseudo canonical version that most of Christian America actually believes, so we'll have to go with that for aesthetic purposes.

The one thing that goes completely over about 90% of women's head is this...

I AM HAPPY and CONTENT WITHOUT A WOMAN IN MY LIFE! 

If I need a date for a Play, Jazz Concert, or weekend getaway... No problem. Aside from that, I'm very content being 'alone' ... It's that simple!  

Update: Kay's response...

Kay: "I hate it because you shouldn't have to live your life without a meaningful relationship."

Me: "Do you think my relationship with my children is not MEANINGFUL? My relationship with my mom, pre and post demise - was and will always be MEANINGFUL?

No comments: